The 32nd Travels

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If anyone asked me whether there was a trip which left a lasting impression on me... I'd say its my Hainan OCIP in sec 3. Hainan wasn't as action-packed as my Khaolak experience, but i dare say it was one with most memories, and one which acquainted me to... volunteerism i guess (on a side note, i learnt Bridge there too!)
Return to the Dragon Gates.. we shall...




26 of us in total, 13 Nanyang girls and 13 CHS-ians.
I guess secondary 3 was a pretty young age to understand alot, & we really kinda took this trip as a more rugged holiday experience. However, time does change our perception. After this trip I've been observing, & i really guess we've all changed... changed for the better! & that does not mean we're bad ppl from the start k!!! juz oblivious.


Manual labour... For many of us, I'm sure this was the first time we got to do construction work. Carrying bricks, fetching buckets of water and cement wasn't so hard, and through this process we bonded pretty well! I went up and down the hill where we were suppose to build a water tank so many many times that even til today, I think i can roughly remember how the path up the hill was like!
Its such a small hill, yet it seemed to contain a mountain of memories! We toiled for many more days and hours to build the water tank than the hours i spent doing manual labour in khaolak. Both were fun still!


Unlike in khaolak, we had a much much more visible end product!! abeit it being pretty dull. The manual labour I did in khaolak had its own significant meaning though.. one which Jimmy kept stressing: that self sustaining cycle in which the villagers can live off their own hard work!!!

Teaching wasn't as momentful and memorable as in thailand. But alot of other activities we did remain pretty much etched in my memory still.

Guess it's been such a long time ago... & i've only talked about it after 3 years!! but at least after such a long period we still got together last year!








I guess all I want to say is that time should never build a wall amongst friends! As long as we make it a point to catch up with old times, friendships can last!!! well.. haha. For now, I'll be patient patient patient! & do hope my existing friendships can last forever! haha











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home