The 32nd Travels

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Drafting this post on the same spot where I was studying for my end of year examinations in secondary 4, a flood of memories about the past resurfaced in my mind. It seems so interesting how nothing in my old neighborhood has changed since moving house two years ago.










The same few neighbors still lived beside my house.
The old tree that sheltered me when I was waiting for the bus in primary school still stood strong.
The uncle opposite my house whom never fails to reach home almost exactly at 4.30 still never changes his habit.
The roads, the neighborhood, and the feel… nothing has changed much.










While new things arouse our interests once in a while… nothing new ever lasts. The pride of wearing new accessories, fashion or technology fades as soon as they join the ranks of the old. Things remain eternal only if we treasure them not on the basis of new or old, funky or cool, but what they actually mean to us personally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home