The 32nd Travels

Sunday, December 31, 2006

About 2006,
a year of deep experiences

I imagined it to be unEventful. It wasn't. With 2 years in Junior College, I thought that I couldn't do much. & I was wrong, thankfully. There was so much I did, but so little I could remember. Hai.. haha. I got through sleep-inducing lectures, tutorials that didnt seem to end, & nerve-wrecking tests & examinations, all with thoughts of playing frisbee during breaks, scooting off to the next OAC training, the next Ubin trip, the next bikehike, the next rockclimbing adventure, the next world... A world of my own.

It had Escapades. I attempted things I had not done before. I caught on this game of disc throwing from my CCA... frisbee. It's a great game!! Full of fun & easy to learn & master. I don't think i'm really good at frisbee though, seeing my own stamina & throwing/passing abilities. I have much to learn! & thankfully, I have 2007. Somethings are worth sacrificing sleep for. Like Night Biking. Great adventures guranteed everytime. & you're not fighting with the cars on the road, but fighting instead to keep your eyes wide open. Its essential that you cycle with great friends too!

It had Wonderful changes. Over the year, I realized everyone changed. With my batch, we've matured to become this tightly-knit OAC family. I'm not exhagerating, & hope no one thinks so too. Its great to see these people in school, along the corridors, outside of school, & especially during training sessions!!! My classmates changed, & I should change too. Sometimes, maybe acceptance is the start to enjoying your time, in any circumstance. I would change, but pity 2006 spared little time to effect this belief. With my family, despite the occasional disputes, I'm PROUD of them!!! Its hard to find a place to find comfort and warmth.
I had my Perceptions Altered. Anything with OAC is fun!! I had asked some of my batchmates earlier this year.. whether they'd joined OAC for the activities or the people. Their answer to me was... for the people. It was surprising, to me at least. I won't deny the fact that I was. BUT, perceptions do change, & it changed RAPIDLY. Every experience made me realized one important thing... that without these bunch of batchmates, no activity would be fun. It isn't so much of training 24/7, running every morning, or thrashing other school ODACs in all activities. It isn't as fulfilling to scale Ophir in record time, than to have the time of your life taking in the sights & sounds, && soaking in the wonderful feeling of just being with great people. It isn't as fulfilling to accomplish difficulty 6c & above rockwalls without sweat, than to attempt a wall while your batchmates cheer you on, in spite of your failure. It isn't as fulfilling to spend wednesdays sleeping or playing computer games, than to get all rugged & dirty with the ones you enjoy being with!
I had goals, now I have Dreams Abound. I wanted to try my hand at science research. I got my SRP project. I wanted to help the community. I got the chance to continue my service to Muscular Dystrophy Association of Singapore. I wanted a fun JC life. Now I have great buddies & batchmates!!
Through this year(2006), great & memorable events unfolded , & I'm GLAD ABOUT IT!!
a year of deep experiences
It was 2006
~~~So it was 2006, a year of Eventful Escapades, Wonderful changes, Perceptions Altered, Dreams Abound, & Glad About It!!! & so it was... A Year OF 2006~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home