The 32nd Travels

Monday, April 30, 2007

*Been saving this as a draft for a pretty long time, since dec 21! Maybe i just didnt feel right abt it..
-------
Faith

Haha... This is nothing religious.

Its just about a book... about a ship wreck... about an indian boy with a tiger... about his life... about The Life of Pi.













I liked reading no-brainer books! Cause all i need to do after I finish reading is just... 'Oh! So thats how it ends!'
Now, my tastes changed. Reading this novel on rainy days & nights made me ponder. The atmosphere was juz pretty reflective, which suited the plot of the story.

It sounds like a childrens book.. & i don't deny that i chose this due to its childish-sounding title. Reading on, it still seemed childish to me!

...... Until I read, read, read... & reflected

It brought up this idea of religious faith. I thought hard about the latter.
The closest word I could think of that harboured the meaning of Faith was trust. Its still quite subtlely different, but I shall still use it for convenience sake.
I was confused.& still am. I just didn't know what faith really meant. Things that popped right into my mind were
blind trust,
reasonable trust,
logical trust,
whole-hearted trust,
emotional trust,
Unwavering trust.

& I discovered my weakness. I fear. I deliberate. Weird.. but it was this little incident after PJ exchange that sparked off this chain of thoughts.

If I fear, i'm being blinded by it. If I deliberate, i'm being reasonable & logical. If I'm emotional, I can't trust, for I change my views at whim.

Wholehearted, unwavering. These are words that fall short of being pretty dogmatic. What does faith mean to me?

------

Yep so after so long, today (30 april), i finally thought back & realised. Faith to me meant whole-heartedness. Been through alot of ups and downs with my batchmates since the time i wrote the above paragraph. Its been a great journey for all of us, & a nice learning journey for me. After so long, I learnt more & more to trust, to put a wholehearted belief in whatever my batchmates feel should be the right path. I still feel i'm a real domineerin person, & persistent in my ideas in this sense.

This post's real self centred! haha next post wld be about MY BATCHMATES!!!!
For now, i'll put my faith into the people around me, into their opinions & ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home